STM A335 P9 Alloy steel pipe apply to petroleum, chemical industry, electric power, boiler, high temperature resistant, low temperature resistant, corrosion resistant.
ASTM A335 P9 is the part of ASTM A335, The pipe shall be suitable for bending, flanging, and similar forming operations, and for fusion welding. The steel material shall conform to chemical composition, tensile property, and hardness requirements.
The range of ASTM A335 P9 alloy steel pipe sizes that may be examined by each method shall be subjected to the limitations in the scope of the respective practice.
Each length of pipe shall be subjected to the hydrostatic test. Also, each pipe shall be examined by a non-destructive examination method in accordance to the required practices.
The different mechanical test requirements for pipes, namely, transverse or longitudinal tension test, flattening test, and hardness or bend test are presented.Both ends of each crate will indicate the order no., heat no., dimensions, weight and bundles or as requested.
- Outer Dimensions: 19.05mm – 114.3mm
- Wall Thickness: 2.0mm – 14 mm
- Length: max 16000mm
Steel grade: ASTM A335 P9 alloy steel pipe
Packing of ASTM A335 P9 alloy steel pipe:
Bare packing/bundle packing/crate packing/wooden protection at the both sides of tubes and suitably protected for sea-worthly delivery or as requested.
Inspection and Test of ASTM A335 P9 alloy steel pipe:
Chemical Composition Inspection, Mechanical Properties Test(Tensile Strength,Yield Strength, Elongation, Flaring, Flattening, Bending, Hardness, Impact Test), Surface and Dimension Test,No-destructive Test, Hydrostatic Test.
Surface treatment of ASTM A335 P9 alloy steel pipe:
Oil-dip, Varnish, Passivation, Phosphating, Shot Blasting.
Both ends of each crate will indicate the order no., heat no., dimensions, weight and bundles or as requested.
Material & Manufacture of ASTM A335 P9 alloy steel pipe
Pipe may be either hot finished or cold drawn with the finishing heat treatment noted below.
Heat Treatment of ASTM A335 P9 alloy steel pipe
- A / N+T
- N+T / Q+T
Mechanical Tests Specified of ASTM A335 P9 alloy steel pipe
- Transverse or Longitudinal Tension Test and Flattening Test, Hardness Test, or Bend Test
- For material heat treated in a batch-type furnace, tests shall be made on 5% of the pipe from each treated lot. For small lots, at least one pipe shall be tested.
- For material heat treated by the continuous process, tests shall be made on a sufficient number of pipe to constitute 5% of the lot, but in no case less than 2 pipe.
Notes for Bend Test of ASTM A335 P9 alloy steel pipe:
- For pipe whose diameter exceeds NPS 25 and whose diameter to wall thickness ratio is 7.0 or less shall be subjected to the bend test instead of the flattening test.
- Other pipe whose diameter equals or exceeds NPS 10 may be given the bend test in place of the flattening test subject to the approval of the purchaser.
- The bend test specimens shall be bent at room temperature through 180 without cracking on the outside of the bent portion.